If you have dark spots on your face and don’t want to spend money on cosmetic products, you can use home remedies for dark spots. These natural, homemade remedies will help you to get rid of dark spots on your face. These remedies will also help dark spots on legs or dark spots under eyes.
Dark spots are hyperpigmentation of skin and you can get rid of dark spots with peeling and bleaching. Healthy diet, exercising, and drinking plenty of water is the first step of treating dark spots on skin.
One of the best home remedies for dark spots is lemon juice:
- Squeeze a half lemon into a bowl.
- Soak up lemon juice with a cotton ball or cotton swab.
- Apply the lemon juice on dark spots, allow it to dry for 10 minutes, and rinse it.
- Apply this treatment twice a day until the dark spots are gone.
You can also add ginger to the mix:
- Mix 1 tablespoon rose water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and freshly chopped ginger in a bowl.
- Let the mixture rest overnight and strain the mixture with a fine mesh sieve.
- Apply the mixture on dark spots and let it dry for 30 minutes, and rinse with cool water.
- Use this treatment daily.
Apple cider vinegar is another great home remedy for dark spots:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with chopped onions, and blend the mixture.
- Apply the mixture to dark spot and leave it on for 30 minutes, and rinse with cool water.
- Apply daily until the dark spots are gone.
You can also use tea tree oil and Aloe Vera for dark spots. Since these treatments will make your skin more sensitive to the sunlight, you should always use sunscreen before going out.